Monday, 21 January 2013

Miss 'em like crazy!!!

Yesterday was my first time working out of the house in over a year. If I didn't have to work I wouldn't because yesterday damn near killed me both physically and emotionally. Physically my body is not use to being on my feet for 8 hours straight any more, I'm using to being on the floor playing wit the boys. By the end of my shift my back was killing me, my feet were swollen, and my legs ached. I know it's just a matter of getting my body use to it again so it really doesn't bother me as much as the emotional pain I went through. It was the first time ever leaving Deagan for anymore than an hour and the first time Kyler is able to remember me leaving him to go to work. I had to be at work for 8 and Brendan needed the car that day which meant waking the boys up early. Deagan was okay with waking up early (he is very much a morning person)...Kyler on the other hand not so much. When I told him we had to get up and go for a car ride he flashed his eyes open at me only to notice that his room was till dark. To which he shouted at me, "THE SUN'S NOT UP YET!!! I'm still sleeping," rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. When I finally was able to got him out of bed and told him we had to take momma to work on came the tantrum. To top it off Kyler was, and still is, getting a cold and doesn't do so well when he has "boogers." All he wants to do is curl up in mommy's lap and read stories and watch tv, so not having his mommy was not making for a happy boy. When we finally got me to work I gave all my boys a kiss goodbye. Deagan just smiled (oblivious to what was going on), and Kyler screamed as I closed the door to the van. It took everything in my power not to just turn around and go back home. The work day was really slow and took forever to go by and all i could think about was how my boys were doing at home. I was hoping the Brendan was managing okay, that Kyler was feeling alright, and that Deagan wasn't freaking out because momma wasn't there (he is very much a momma's boy). When the shift was over I got changed as quick as possible and was out the door. When I got in the van Deagan noticed me and began to cry because I wasn't holding him and Kyler started shouting at me about everything he did that day. The car ride home is about 30 minutes and Deagan wouldn't stop crying so we stopped in at Walmart just so we could walk around a bit and I could hold him. As soon as I got him out of the car he clung to me, gripping my hair as hard as he could, screeching in my ear, and giving me those wonderful open mouth, slobber kisses. The rest of the evening I tried to get in as much play time as I could before bed. If there were enough hours in the day that I could work and sleep while my boys are sleeping I would because then I would never have to miss a moment. Suffice it to say I never realized how much quality time I am use to having with my boys. I missed them like crazy and I'm glad I only have to be away from them a couple of days a week for a max of 8 hours a day. I don't know what I would do if I had to work full time right now.

Thanks for Reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment